New Years 2014 Here We Come

New Years 2014 Here We Come

Monday, January 7, 2013

Stress

            Stress! What do you think about when you hear that word? You might look it up in the dictionary, but in my words the meaning of "stress" may be different. When I think about the word "stress" I think of things like being overwhelmed, overloaded with work, tiredness and even anger. See though let me ask you this, what is your definition of perfect? No human being is perfect in my mind. See we are just average human beings, and human beings are not perfect nor should they be. I am, for one thing, definitely not perfect and I don't expect to be. You must understand that when a human is in the state of stress, perfection does not come to mind, but anger does. When I get stressed I get angry and emotional, and I am pretty sure that I'm not the only one. When someone is in a state of anger, nothing good will come out of that.
              When I miss school because of being sick, I miss work and fall behind. See when you're in high school and you miss just one day, the makeup work never seems to stop. To tell you the truth, I  haven't been able to say that I've not had any makeup work since the beginning of the school year. Instead of me taking a deep breath and relaxing, I get overwhelmed by all of the work I have to do. Then I get emotional and break down. Stress is certainly not good for your health. It makes your blood pressure rise and it effects you physically and emotionally.You are hurting yourself when you just stress yourself out. I for one would know that better than most, after two years of having this disease. When you have Crohn's though, stress is much worse. With Crohn's, people have these things called flare-ups. In my case, it's where my intestines become irritated and it makes me very weak. It not only effects my stomach, but it also causes my joints to hurt and I get easily fatigued. Stress can easily cause someone with this disease to flare up very quickly.
                This has been happening a lot. The more work I missed, the more stressed I got which then made me sick and caused me to me miss more work. Just think about it as a triangle that just keeps going and going and going. But, I couldn't do it anymore! I had to break this continuous cycle somehow and it had to start soon. So, I got organized, and I took that deep breathe and worked as hard as I could without overwhelming myself. I took breaks and did everything in my power to not get stressed. Humans are imperfect as I said. I don't know about you, but after a long day of school all I want to do when I come home is relax and sleep. But, if I sleep I don't get my work done and then the stress starts again and that triangle soon gets put back into my life. See we are humans, and we don't want to work at home after a long day, but it's called life. With life comes responsibilities and we must know that as much as we don't want to work, we have to. When you break that triangle of stress you feel free. All i'm saying is break it and you will find that life will be much less stressful.              


No comments:

Post a Comment