New Years 2014 Here We Come

New Years 2014 Here We Come

Monday, January 2, 2012

3 Days after the tube!!

               Today is my third day into my journey with the tube. But, I think we should start from the beginning. When my nurse Tracy came she put in my Tube. Oh boy was that uncomfortable. I gagged and coughed and everything. The rest of that day I just stayed on thew couch and watched movies like Dolphin Tale. I then went to bed late that night because I was in a lot of pain. The feedings were making me sick, so, I unhooked the formula bag for the night and went to bed downstairs on the couch, with my mom on the recliner right next to me. The next morning I woke up at 5 a.m. By then, I could feel that I was so much more used to the tube already! So, I went into the kitchen hooked myself back up and then went to bed again. The second day was then New Year's Eve. I wasn't feeling to well all day so I was a couch potato. then that night I took a break from my feedings and went across the street to get away. I had a great night and thankfully was feeling okay!
               Today is the or shall I say was the third day. My mom said the color of my skin on my face came back and I had a lot more energy. My cousins came over today too.We had a great time. I have a back-pack specially designed for my pump and IV drip bag. So, I can go many different places with my pump so that I can continue my feedings. At night which is right now for me, is when I change from my back-pack to my IV drip pole. I am really hoping that by tomorrow I will be feeling a lot better!

5 comments:

  1. 3 days in and already I can see that you are making progress. You seem to be getting more and more comfortable with the tube as time goes on. Again, I can't tell you enough how incredibly proud I am of the way you've handled yourself though this entire ordeal. You've shown a tremendous amount of courage and maturity. I have a very strong feeling that this is going to get easier for you and you will be healthy again very soon. I love you, and WE will all get through this together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophia, you are an inspiration! I'll be praying that this makes you feel A LOT better. Hang in there, and keep blogging! I'm sure your story will help someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sophia,
    I have been thinking about you. You are so brave and an inspiration to anyone facing a challenge. I hope you continue to feel better. We miss you. Mrs. Heller

    ReplyDelete