New Years 2014 Here We Come

New Years 2014 Here We Come

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Sinus Infection :(

          For the past week I have had a sinus infection. I really can't get rid off it, because I am on medication that is an immune suppressor. That means it slows down my immune system, which makes it harder for me to fight off infections. See, part of Crohn's disease is that when my stomach tries to break down solid food, it doesn't know what's good bacteria and what's bad bacteria, so it attacks everything. That's one of the reasons why I have had so much stomach pain in the past. So, I now have had a sinus infection that's been lingering for that reason, but I am feeling a little bit better today. My hero throughout this infection is Vicks vapo rub. I think it's magic because I rub it on my chest and then two seconds later I already feel that it is working. It un-stuffs you and works fast. I also kept my box of tissues and brought it every where I went, and thanks to Tylenol cold I am feeling better. Because when you have a tube coming out of your nose, it makes it TEN TIMES HARDER to blow it! Well that's my life as a tubie so far and will kept you posted. Bye!  

3 comments:

  1. Vick's Vapo-Rub? Pop would be so proud! Now, if we only had his magic scarf...you would have been better already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw your sickkk :( when I came over you said that your throat was hurting a bit! Well I hope ya feel betrr :) I miss ya we have to hang out again! :D

    ReplyDelete