Well today I went to school for a meeting with my guidance counselor, nurse, and my assistant principle. We worked out a schedule for me to go back to school on a half-day basis! I AM SO EXCITED. After the meeting, I went upstairs to my locker to make sure I remembered everything. While I was upstairs, I ended up going into all of the classrooms on my team. Everyone was so surprised and excited to see me, and I got so many 'hugs' and 'warm welcomes'. I got to see all of my BEST friends and it made me so happy. I also got to see my best friend Lauren whom I haven't seen in almost a year! There is now a countdown on the board in my homeroom until I come back. Oh, and I forgot to add, I am going back to school on March 12!
My part-time schedule will be from 10:00 am - 1:15 pm. Whatever academic classes that I miss during that time I will continue to get at home through home instruction. After being out of school for nearly 3 months, this will help make the transition back to school go a little easier. Now, I just have to work at getting up a little earlier.
Well that's the good news, now here's the bad news. It's been 4 weeks already and I have to change my tube again this weekend. It's annoying, but I have to do it. Also, on the 'good news' side, I am stopping my 6mp tonight. For those of you who don't know, 6MP is the last medication that I am on! I never thought this day was going to come. Ever since I got diagnosed with Crohn's disease a year ago, I have had to take MANY medications. It will be very strange going to bed every night without having to take anything. Well I am sorry that I haven't posted in a while, but I have been a little busy. My next doctors appointment is on the 6th and I hope that everything continues to go well. As always, I will keep you guys updated ... bye!
Woo-hoo! I'm so glad you had a good day! You have an amazingly supportive group of teachers and administrators at school. Let's hope this makes the transition back as smooth as glass. Please don't worry about the bumps in the road-we'll get through it! Love you baby girl. Okay, gotta go- daddy can't find the drill and you need to get that tube changed (hehe!)
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Woo-hoo is right! We're getting there kiddo. I'm glad that we were able to work out a part-time schedule. I was even more thrilled to see the reactions on the faces of all your friends when we surprised them yesterday after the meeting. Love you and so very proud of the way you've been handling all of this. And as my great grandmother used to say, "Hang tough poopie". Although I was never quite sure as to why she referred to us as 'poopie' .... 8•D
ReplyDeleteLove ya sophia!!<3<3<3
ReplyDeleteAhh Sophia I cant wait until you come back on Monday!!!!!!!!!!! AAAHHHHH ITS SO SOON!!!!!! but that stinks your leaving right in time for gym to end! And i still wont see you in LA but at least I can have fun in gym forbonce when u come back :) cant wait! :D luv ya <3
ReplyDelete